Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring has finally arrived!!!!


Forgive the cluttered coffee table,but on the first day of Spring I did some spring cleaning and spring decorating! Can you spot Sadie?

 Winter... Winter made quite a show this year!

You see, I come from sunny California! Our winter is (if lucky), maybe hits the late 40's and some snow way up on the mountains, but usually we get a cool mid 50's and in that it's still very chilly!
In San Diego winter I would wear jeans, flip flops, a zip up thin jacket over a tank top and maybe a beanie. Oh! How naive I was!

 I remember on the drive to Tennessee we drove up toward Flagstaff, AZ and it was 19 degree weather!!! In our SUV it was nice and warm and cozy so of course I was wearing shorts and flip flops (wearing closed toe shoes or even walking shoes felt claustrophobic to me! Yes, I was spoiled!), Ha ha, I remember we spent the night at a rest stop and it was about 1am and I needed to run to the ladies room and I thought, "Oh, it's really not that cold!", so I opened the door with a light jacket, shorts and flip flops and in that exact moment, I knew, this cold was about to be the death of me!

 I closed the door and tried to look for my socks, walking shoes, jeans, sweater... ANYTHING, but I was desperate because...well, I couldn't hold it!



dried lavender on the living room window!


 Unfortunately, I did not even find one sock in my rush so... I decided to brave it. Be proud of me, my fellow read, for I braved the element with extreme bravery. I looked at my husband who gazed at me with half admiration at what I was about to do, and half "you're kidding."... I told him, "I love you, if I don't return in 15 minutes... pull the car around cos i'm not coming back in this cold." Hahaha!

 It all was like slow motion... I opened the door... I stepped my foot out on the road... every fiber of my being was screaming, "IT'S SO COLD!!!!", I tried to walk with the dignity and poise of a Lady with my head held high...when I closed the door a gust of freezing wind overtook me and I RAN like there was no tomorrow!

 As I was running I was puzzled at the sound the wind was making... "I didn't know the wind can scream like that! That scream would send chills up any persons spine", until I realized that scream came from me as I was running as fast as I could to the warmth of the restrooms, yes, it was that COLD!

Mason jars (I painted and distressed) with dried flowers on top of distressed pallet I made back in San Diego!


 Upon returning to the car, I didn't even care if I looked like I fool, I ran back to the SUV, one trucker walking past me bundled up gave me a double take and said, "GIRL! What are you wearing! Get your sweater!", how right he was!!!!

 Going through my first Ice Storm was amazing, everything was so... white. Well, no duh. But I mean i'm not used to white in the winter time! San Diego is always brown (hardly any rain)!

 Now, SPRING HAS COME! And Tennessee is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Life is awakening!


"How can this girl write so much on Spring?", Because I have to tell you... i've never seen so much GREEN and wild flowers! It just gives you something to be thankful for, I am thankful to call Tennessee, Home!

 One of our desires is to plant a summer veggie garden (we've been blessed to have a neighbor who is a professional gardner, so she was schooling us in the fun and excitement of growing our own food!) and dual chickens (for meat and eggs)! We  are hoping to get to it soon because self sufficient as much as we possibly can is our dream!





 Summer Gardening begins end of April, so lets pray we can begin by then! Here's to hopin!

No comments:

Post a Comment