Friday, January 2, 2015

Spinning my own Yarn



 
After spinning and plying I got my result! Still have a lot to learn but i'm proud of how this came out!





I am enjoying my new spinning adventure! 5 hours after being gifted my spinning wheel I figured out how to spin and began to ply!

 My sweet husband (with the help of my daddy) made me a blending hackle under $20, that would have cost me $200 if bought commercially! 

 I hope to soon learn to wash and card my own fleece and dye my own colors (natural dyes i'm more interested in) and blend them into lovely batts! 


I love this wheel!

My first time spinning!

The best kind of view! Beautiful Christmas tree, a gorgeous fire and spinning wheel!


I didn't want to purchase a niddy noddy right away so I used my dining room chair instead!

my husband's homemade blending  hackle he made me!
Blending different colors!


The result of blending different color roving!


2 comments:

  1. Your style іs unique in comparison to other folks ӏ have
    read stuff from. Many thanks for posting when you
    have the օpрortunity, Gսess I'll just bookmaгk this site.



    my website Wellington gyms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I also have another blog more devoted to spinning and craft which is www.theshepherdstentspinnery.blogspot.com

      I have not forgotten this blog, but I only like to post when I feel it is something worth posting about, you know? :) Thanks again!

      Delete