Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tennessee... a Home like no other!

Sometimes I wonder, "How am I so blessed?"...

Living in Tennessee is a dream! Our family and friends have a thought because it is the "bible belt" and we are conservative and Christian that we moved here... that is a plus for us personally, but we really moved here because our dream is to have land of our very own to raise children on and to one day have a flock of sheep so I can pursue my spinning addiction (no intervention, please! haha) and because we love sheep!

 Here in Tennessee, the people are so sweet and kind and always willing to give a helping hand, that sometimes it's a conviction to me! I always thought I was very personable with people, but not as much as the people here! They will stop whatever it is that they are doing to have a lovely chat with you (however long it may be! No one is in any rush) and swap recipes and ideas on what colors would go well with what kind of yarn or quilting pattern, and give their "secrets" passed down from their mama's and grandmothers on how to raise children the correct way (even though we don't have children just yet!)... There is so much love here, you can't escape it! 

Our friends are blessed to live on this land with their own lake to fish from!


The countryside here is exquisite... Tennessee is blessed with over abundance of fresh water that rains from the heavens and graces the land with life giving water that penetrates this rich fertile soil and out from it grows the most colorful landscape! 

Not too long ago, we drove by this very small family farm that had cattle and horses and some alpaca contently grazing the lush grass, and I didn't envy this farm, I thank God for them. For this family obviously worked hard to get what they have now, and thus inspires others that the dream of owning land and working it to sustain itself is doable! 


An old barn still standing! Gorgeous!


Sometimes I look outside my front window and can't help but shed happy tears... My life has never been perfect, has never been "easy" but by the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ... I am reaping the blessings... to store for myself? No! To share with others and to sow in their lives... 

 I daily pray that I may be a blessing to others either in deed or word... that all I do bring honor to the Lover of my soul! 

 Look around you, and count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment