Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Switching my social media to Jesus! ;)



About a little over a week ago I decided to delete my Facebook account. The reasons why will come a bit later, but in short, I was spending more time scrolling this “social” network more than I was having a deeper relationship with my Lord!  Ever since I deleted it, my thoughts have been so much clearer, my desire to have a deeper relationship with Jesus has been stronger than ever, my creativity has become more vivid and I am just so much more at peace!

I was realizing that my focus was being distracted by social media (it was a slow subtle thing), but now I am back to my Hearts desires, which is: Jesus, My husband, my home, and full focused creativity!!

 I absolutely ADORE having revelations when I am in His Word! One of these revelations was: Psalm 143 : 10, “Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God…”, David made it so simple yet so powerful that God is not just God alone, but made it personal! He could have said, “Teach me to do Thy Will, for Thou art God (Impersonal).”  Or, “for Thou art the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob… the God of my forefathers  (religious).”, No…  For you are MY God! In order for us to truly know the Will of God, we have to make our relationship with the Lord personal! Simple, but a reminder we all need!

Another revelation was Psalm145:15 “Happy is that people whose God is the Lord.” The key: “Is”. He didn’t say, “Happy is the people whose God is a convenience (when we are going through trials or in need of something in our lives we all of a sudden remember “Jehovah Jireh  - God our Provider”)… or, Happy is the people whose God is an after thought, (remembering to read our scripture out of guilty obligation and remember only to pray when we eat our meals or some random time.)”. No…  Happy is the people whose God IS the Lord! The sincere daily remembrance of who God is and wanting to know more of Him day by day!

I now totally get King David when he said in Psalm 143: 5-6, “I remember the day of old; I meditate on all they works; I muse on the work of Thy Hands.
I stretch forth my hands unto Thee: my soul thirsteth after Thee as a thirsty land.”
So may you be encouraged, to not take for granted the beauty and amazing relationship you have with Jesus and do not be complacent in where you are in your relationship… go in deeper, you can’t go deep enough!  He is just that wonderful!!!!!! He IS Wonderful!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment